Suggestions for the start from HI...

  • tamirph
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 9:42 PM
      We have a pass thru permit from Happy Isles with a Half Dome permit. I also really want to spend a night at Cathedral Lakes. The original plan was to forget Cloud's Rest...just do Half Dome, spend night 2 at Cathedral Lakes and then hit TM on day 3. Now I am debating about doing Half Dome and Cloud's Rest...and taking an extra night and hitting TM on day 4.

      Has anyone done both Half Dome and Cloud's Rest? If so...where did you stay each night for the first few nights. I don't have many 'must see' on my list but for some reason camping at Lower Cathedral Lakes is one of them--so I am now trying to figure out what to do. Realistically...I am just gonna forget about it and see how we feel. Half Dome and Cloud's Rest are serious elevation gains but we are use to that. And I also know that it's best not to have a plan because I don't plan on following a plan :)

      Tami
    • Erica
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25 9:53 PM
        We're going to be camping past Half Dome junction on our first night - and then doing Half dome for sunrise - and the plan is to camp at cathedral lakes that night (leaving the idea of doing clouds rest also open). I know people do half dome and clouds rest in the same day. If you guys could pull that off for your 2nd day you could push to cathedral lakes that night and take a near zero day for day 3 and even just head up to TM in the afternoon for the night?