Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Scale in Yosemite Valley?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25 9:24 AM

      On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM, kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net <kenjessett@...> wrote:
      But one wonders what you are weighing at the end, if it is your self, you will need a sack to climb into

      Maybe I finally fund a use of that the 660 lb paracord people tell me I should have. It would allow me to make a sling and step into it.

      Actually, I'd like to know my base weight and at the end of the trip, I'll be down to that. I've never bothered to really figure it out with any precision, though I've often gotten the gross weight at the start of a trip. I'm guessing about 30-35.

    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25 9:36 AM
        Here you are, doesn't cost much and probably doesn't weigh much and you could weigh your pack every day to see how you are doing:

        http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_19501_-1__?N=845454863&Ntt=scales&Ntk=All