Scale in Yosemite Valley?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2013
      I got such useful information about a scale at the start of my trip (Whitney Portal), I now wonder about a scale at my exit (Yosemite Valley).

      Anybody know where I can find one? Either a step-on for my weight or a hanging one for my pack weight would be great.

    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2013
        There is a suspension scale right outside the permit office in the valley. But one wonders what you are weighing at the end, if it is your self, you will need a sack to climb into, then have someone lift you and the sack up to the hook at the bottom of the scale. Please let us know how that goes. :-)

        Ken.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2013

          On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM, kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net <kenjessett@...> wrote:
          But one wonders what you are weighing at the end, if it is your self, you will need a sack to climb into

          Maybe I finally fund a use of that the 660 lb paracord people tell me I should have. It would allow me to make a sling and step into it.

          Actually, I'd like to know my base weight and at the end of the trip, I'll be down to that. I've never bothered to really figure it out with any precision, though I've often gotten the gross weight at the start of a trip. I'm guessing about 30-35.

        • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25, 2013
            Here you are, doesn't cost much and probably doesn't weigh much and you could weigh your pack every day to see how you are doing:

            http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_19501_-1__?N=845454863&Ntt=scales&Ntk=All