RE Marie Lake

  • Marion Davison
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2013
    I have never hiked up to Marie Lake (So. of Donahue Pass) but I have
    camped several times in the basin of Marie Creek, just about a mile up
    from the PCT/JMT. It is superb camping and very scenic. You need to
    leave the trail that leads to the lake and head toward the creek after
    an easy mile of uphill trail. There are many flat spots near the creek.
    The attached picture shows a lovely fall on Marie Creek. It was a very
    cloudy day so the light is not great.