Re: [John Muir Trail] Side trip/ Summit pack

  • Bill Heiser
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2013
      I have that same pack and use it for the same reason.  It does double duty for me as a stuff sack for my sleeping bag.  This arrangement has worked out well for me.

      The only thing is, I see they're now $30-32 or so.  I bought mine last June and it was $24.  The new price seems like a lot for such a simple pack.

      August 24, 2013 2:26 PM

      For side trips and summits, I plan on ditching my main pack for a lighter bag/waist pack (something like this one: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/86).

      I'm curious as to what your setup is and any pack/hydration suggestions you all have.

      Thanks! :)

      Mel