Re: MTR resupply bucket confirmation

  • john_friend
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2013
      Their storage at MTR is not huge so they are just managing that space to only have buckets that will be needed soon.  Yes, it's a bit of an inconvenience to you to not get your confirmation, but they've got it under control so you should be good.   Here's a picture of where they store the buckets  at MTR:

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "straw_marmot" wrote:

      > Does anyone know what the deal is with getting a confirmation email from MTR?
      >
      > USPS confirmed delivery to Lakeshore PO on Monday 8/12. I expected MTR to pick it up on the following Wednesday 8/14. I heard nothing so emailed them to ask on 8/16. They said that since my resupply date is not until 9/4, they won't pick it up yet, so no confirmation until it's picked up and brought to the ranch. Fair enough.
      >
      > Now 8/23 a week later, I email to enquire again. Hard to judge tone from email, but a sense a slightly snippy response - limited space at the ranch, we won't have picked it up yet, they "assume" it's at Florence Lake.
      >
      > I'm not overly worried, but just a bit puzzled. If this is their process, shouldn't they explain it a bit better? Doesn't every one of the thousands of hikers who send stuff there end up emailing them to find out where their bucket is? Surely every hiker wants to get confirmation at least a few days before they start their hike, or what's the point in confirming at all?
      >
      > Ralph

    • tamirph
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2013
        I also mailed mine last week and they were delivered this past Monday. I know some people have talked about a email confirmation that MTR got the buckets...and now I am not going to be worried that I haven't received anything from them yet. Our estimated pick up is Tues Sept 10...

        Happy Hiking!