Re: [John Muir Trail] Clouds Rest water

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2013
      Best source of info is generally just asking someone on your trail headed in the opposite direction. You can tell him/her the last two times you passed water and ask them for the same information. You want to exchange info on the last two sources so that when you get to the first source you know the distance to the second source.

      On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Tremaine Dickenson <tremaine_d@...> wrote:

      Hey Everyone,
      I am starting my JMT hike from HI on the 3rd and I didn't get Half Dome permits so I am wanting to go up and over Clouds Rest to take in the view and also plan camp up there.
      I can see on the map and on Google earth that there are 2 small lakes marked about 2.5 miles past the summit heading towards Sunrise lakes. Can anyone confirm whether these lakes are currently a water source I can rely on or will I need to pack water up from Sunrise creek?
      TD

    • tamirph
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2013
        "You want to exchange info on the last *two* sources so that when you get to the first source you know the distance to the second source."

        Excellent info...thanks so much John!!