Late Summer Early Fall Resupply Options

  • John Herrin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
      My wife and I  plan to backpack south bound on the PCT in 2014 from Ashland OR to Mt Whitney Portal starting Aug 1st. We hope to reach Whitney by Sept 30. We have backpacked the JMT before in late July to late August. We were on a very leisurely pace and resupplied at Tuolomne, Reds, VVR and MTR as well as had two very generous friends pack us in a resupply near Charlotte Lake.

      Our 2014 plans will most likely have us hitting Tuolomne Meadows and the JMT around mid Sept (we plan to aim for 20 mi days up to this point). What resupply options can we expect that late in the year?

      We are planning on switching away from enclosed sleeping bags to top quilts. We typically use 30 degree bags. Will that suffice on the JMT in late Sept?

      Thanks,
      John Herrin
    • Barbara Karagosian