Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
      This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
      even after rinsing many times. Thoughts?

      The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
      REI sales from

      Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
      But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this. In your comments address
      the issue of washing pants. If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
      need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.

      http://www.outdoorcooking.com/catalog/item/153/0/0/148236/702/Seattle+Sports+Pocket+Bowl+9.5%22X4%22.html

      http://www.backpacker.com/wash_dirty_clothes_in_a_water_bottle/skills/12682?page=1

      Backpacker Magazine � January 2009 <http://www.backpacker.com/article/12665>
      Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle

      This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail

      by: Dave Trendler

      *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
      Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
      a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
      biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
      churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours�dump, rinse, air
      dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
      *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

    • vmaki@mchsi.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
        how about using an extra large or jumbo size ziplock freezer bag? i bring 2, putting the one into the other for more strength. i even use the jumbo size to wash my hair. works for me.
        -------------- Original message from Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>: --------------

        > This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
        > even after rinsing many times. Thoughts?
        >
        > The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
        > REI sales from
        >
        > Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
        > But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this. In your comments address
        > the issue of washing pants. If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
        > need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.
        > http://www.outdoorcooking.com/catalog/item/153/0/0/148236/702/Seattle+Sports+Poc
        > ket+Bowl+9.5%22X4%22.html
        >
        > http://www.backpacker.com/wash_dirty_clothes_in_a_water_bottle/skills/12682?page
        > =1
        >
        > Backpacker Magazine – January 2009
        > Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
        >
        > This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail
        >
        > by: Dave Trendler
        >
        > *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
        > Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
        > a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
        > biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
        > churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours–dump, rinse, air
        > dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
        > *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

      • Ima Person
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
          I second the ziploc,� either the one gallon bag or look for 2 gallon bags,� much easier to agitate the clothes when in the bag.

          ________________________________
          ------------ -- Original message from Roleigh Martin <roleigh@pobox. com>: ------------ --

          > This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
          > even after rinsing many times. Thoughts?
          >
          > The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
          > REI sales from
          >
          > Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
          > But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this. In your comments address
          > the issue of washing pants. If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
          > need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.
          > http://www.outdoorc ooking.com/ catalog/item/ 153/0/0/148236/ 702/Seattle+ Sports+Poc
          > ket+Bowl+9.5% 22X4%22.html
          >
          > http://www.backpack er.com/wash_ dirty_clothes_ in_a_water_ bottle/skills/ 12682?page
          > =1
          >
          > Backpacker Magazine � January 2009
          > Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
          >
          > This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail
          >
          > by: Dave Trendler
          >
          > *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
          > Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
          > a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
          > biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
          > churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours�dump, rinse, air
          > dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
          > *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

        • Sean Mahoney
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
            How about using a bear canister? If you're carrying one anyway, how
            might that compare with the large ziplock bag option? Forgive me if
            that's a total noob idea - because I am. ;)

          • vmaki@mchsi.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
              sean, that's a great idea. just make sure to dry it thoroughly before putting your food back in. way better than my ziplock bag idea, although that works up here in minnesota, as we don't need to carry bear canisters.
              -------------- Original message from Sean Mahoney <cutlassdude70@...>: --------------

              > How about using a bear canister? If you're carrying one anyway, how
              > might that compare with the large ziplock bag option? Forgive me if
              > that's a total noob idea - because I am. ;)
              >
              > On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Roleigh Martin wrote:
              > > This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
              > > even after rinsing many times. Thoughts?
              > >
              > > The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
              > > REI sales from
              > >
              > > Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
              > > But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this. In your comments address
              > > the issue of washing pants. If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
              > > need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.
              > > > http://www.outdoorcooking.com/catalog/item/153/0/0/148236/702/Seattle+Sports+Poc
              > ket+Bowl+9.5%22X4%22.html
              > >
              > > > http://www.backpacker.com/wash_dirty_clothes_in_a_water_bottle/skills/12682?page
              > =1
              > >
              > > Backpacker Magazine – January 2009
              > > Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
              > >
              > > This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail
              > >
              > > by: Dave Trendler
              > >
              > > *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
              > > Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
              > > a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
              > > biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
              > > churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours–dump, rinse, air
              > > dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
              > > *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

            • Derek Peters
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                Not a noob idea to me. I wash cloths and dishes in my bear canister when I have one.
                I like one big trip to the lake or river and getting all the water I need.
                Otherwise I use the zip lock approach. I'm sure the water bottle idea is fine if you sanitize
                it well, but the idea of my underwear in my water bottle gives me the dry heaves! :-)
                Derek

                ________________________________
                How about using a bear canister? If you're carrying one anyway, how
                might that compare with the large ziplock bag option? Forgive me if
                that's a total noob idea - because I am. ;)

                On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
                > This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
                > even after rinsing many times. Thoughts?
                >
                > The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
                > REI sales from
                >
                > Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
                > But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this. In your comments address
                > the issue of washing pants. If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
                > need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.
                >
                > http://www.outdoorcooking.com/catalog/item/153/0/0/148236/702/Seattle+Sports+Pocket+Bowl+9.5%22X4%22.html
                >

                > http://www.backpacker.com/wash_dirty_clothes_in_a_water_bottle/skills/12682?page=1
                >
                > Backpacker Magazine � January 2009 <http://www.backpacker.com/article/12665>
                > Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
                >
                > This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail
                >
                > by: Dave Trendler
                >
                > *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
                > Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
                > a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
                > biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
                > churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours�dump, rinse, air
                > dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
                > *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

              • Sean Mahoney
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                  I can see the Southern Sierran headline now: "Outbreak of Giardia
                  spreads as hikers wash undies in Nalgenes" :)

                  Sean

                  On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Derek Peters <specracer64@...> wrote:
                  > Not a noob idea to me. I wash cloths and dishes in my bear canister when I have one.
                  > I like one big trip to the lake or river and getting all the water I need.
                  > Otherwise I use the zip lock approach. I'm sure the water bottle idea is fine if you sanitize
                  > it well, but the idea of my underwear in my water bottle gives me the dry heaves! :-)
                  > Derek
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • David Carbiener
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                    I used my Bear Vault last year when I did the JMT.� It worked great.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                      not noob either, as long as the food that goes back inside is sealed up.� with the dry air, the cannister would probably dry very quickly anyway.

                      ________________________________
                      How about using a bear canister?� If you're carrying one anyway, how
                      might that compare with the large ziplock bag option?� Forgive me if
                      that's a total noob idea - because I am. ;)

                      On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
                      > This almost sounds gross, the idea of drinking out of the bottle later on,
                      > even after rinsing many times.� Thoughts?
                      >
                      > The idea of doing this versus taking the 2.1 oz tiny kitchen plastic bowl
                      > REI sales from
                      >
                      >� Seattle Sports 4.8 Liter Pocket Bowl
                      > But maybe I need to hear others thoughts on this.� In your comments address
                      > the issue of washing pants.� If pants can be addressed, perhaps there is no
                      > need for the 2.1 oz kitchen plastic bowl.
                      >
                      > http://www.outdoorcooking.com/catalog/item/153/0/0/148236/702/Seattle+Sports+Pocket+Bowl+9.5%22X4%22.html
                      >

                      > http://www.backpacker.com/wash_dirty_clothes_in_a_water_bottle/skills/12682?page=1
                      >
                      > Backpacker Magazine � January 2009 <http://www.backpacker.com/article/12665>
                      > Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
                      >
                      > This easy reader trip will keep you feeling fresh and clean on the trail
                      >
                      > by: Dave Trendler
                      >
                      > *LEXAN LAUNDROMAT *
                      > Wash T-shirts, socks, or underwear in the backcountry by stuffing them into
                      > a wide-mouth bottle. Fill three-quarters with water, add one teaspoon
                      > biodegradable soap, give it a shake, and toss it in your backpack. The
                      > churning action will strip out the stench in a few hours�dump, rinse, air
                      > dry, and enjoy a few more days in the wild.
                      > *Dave Trendler, Boulder, CO*

                    • Barbara Karagosian
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                        What's a noob!
                      • Sean Mahoney
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                          Oops, sorry. Here ya go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie

                          On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:
                          > What's a noob!

                        • Barbara Karagosian
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                            Oh oh, I definitely think I'm one!

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                              I agree with Al on using the bear canister to wash clothes with. All my food are in zip lock or some plastic enclosed bag. I do not have any issue about using this heavy canister to carry water to put out campfire, sit on as a stool, wash clothes, store my food, as drum to make music, keep the fish I catch until I am ready to cook them, and finally as a table to eat my meals.

                              These are some of the uses for my bear can. Please feel free to add any more uses if you have any more to add.

                              I also carry a 1 liter nalgene bottle for drinking water supply. I also use the same water bottle as a pee bottle at night. Of course I rinse it out thoroughly before reusing after every night.

                              This is absolutely not a noob idea at all. Use every item you carry for multiple uses can certainly save a lot of pain on joints and back.

                              Sim

                              > not noob either, as long as the food that goes back inside
                              > is sealed up.  with the dry air, the cannister would
                              > probably dry very quickly anyway.
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • robert shattuck
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 28, 2009
                                Windows Live�: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
                                http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                  Isn't anyone worried about bears getting to the food that is removed from
                                  the bear cannister for its dual use as a wash tub? I've heard that black
                                  bears can be very sneaky and I talked to a hiker who had a black bear run
                                  into the camp sight and pick up a bear cannister by its lip because the lid
                                  was not secured to it, and ran away with it.

                                  On 1/29/09, song95139@... <song95139@...> wrote:

                                  > I agree with Al on using the bear canister to wash clothes with. All my
                                  > food are in zip lock or some plastic enclosed bag. I do not have any issue
                                  > about using this heavy canister to carry water to put out campfire, sit on
                                  > as a stool, wash clothes, store my food, as drum to make music, keep the
                                  > fish I catch until I am ready to cook them, and finally as a table to eat my
                                  > meals.
                                  >
                                  > These are some of the uses for my bear can. Please feel free to add any
                                  > more uses if you have any more to add.
                                  >
                                  > I also carry a 1 liter nalgene bottle for drinking water supply. I also use
                                  > the same water bottle as a pee bottle at night. Of course I rinse it out
                                  > thoroughly before reusing after every night.
                                  >
                                  > This is absolutely not a noob idea at all. Use every item you carry for
                                  > multiple uses can certainly save a lot of pain on joints and back.
                                  >
                                  > Sim
                                  >
                                  > --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Ima Person <imaperson91@...<imaperson91%40yahoo.com>>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > From: Ima Person <imaperson91@... <imaperson91%40yahoo.com>>
                                  > > Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
                                  > > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com <johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  > > Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 5:08 PM
                                  > > not noob either, as long as the food that goes back inside
                                  > > is sealed up. with the dry air, the cannister would
                                  > > probably dry very quickly anyway.
                                  > >

                                  > > ________________________________

                                • robert shattuck
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                    Hotmail� goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
                                    http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208

                                  • Ralph Alcorn
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                      I haven't been reading this whole thread, so if someone already mentioned
                                      this, I apologize.

                                      We've been using a folding plastic sink 2.5 ounces for 10+ years. It finally
                                      started to leak, so we got another identical one online:
                                      http://www.preparedness.com/folpocsin.html
                                      Its very handy, washes clothes, ourselves, hauls water up to where you can
                                      pump it away from the mosquitoes, etc. After a few years of section hiking
                                      the pct, we are a lot less fussy about water. Any water, even a big mud
                                      puddle is good, and the fact that we have a multiple use pumping container
                                      doesn't bother us a bit.

                                      --
                                      Ralph Alcorn
                                      http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html

                                      and
                                      Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago

                                    • David
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                        Last year when I used my Bear Vault to wash clothes I made sure I
                                        was above tree so I could see everything around me clearly. I never
                                        had a bear problem. Lylle Canyon would not be a good place to do
                                        this!

                                        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > Isn't anyone worried about bears getting to the food that is
                                        removed from
                                        > the bear cannister for its dual use as a wash tub? I've heard
                                        that black
                                        > bears can be very sneaky and I talked to a hiker who had a black
                                        bear run
                                        > into the camp sight and pick up a bear cannister by its lip
                                        because the lid
                                        > was not secured to it, and ran away with it.
                                        >
                                        > On 1/29/09, song95139@... <song95139@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > I agree with Al on using the bear canister to wash clothes
                                        with. All my
                                        > > food are in zip lock or some plastic enclosed bag. I do not have
                                        any issue
                                        > > about using this heavy canister to carry water to put out
                                        campfire, sit on
                                        > > as a stool, wash clothes, store my food, as drum to make music,
                                        keep the
                                        > > fish I catch until I am ready to cook them, and finally as a
                                        table to eat my
                                        > > meals.
                                        > >
                                        > > These are some of the uses for my bear can. Please feel free to
                                        add any
                                        > > more uses if you have any more to add.
                                        > >
                                        > > I also carry a 1 liter nalgene bottle for drinking water supply.
                                        I also use
                                        > > the same water bottle as a pee bottle at night. Of course I
                                        rinse it out
                                        > > thoroughly before reusing after every night.
                                        > >
                                        > > This is absolutely not a noob idea at all. Use every item you
                                        carry for
                                        > > multiple uses can certainly save a lot of pain on joints and
                                        back.

                                        > > Sim
                                        > >
                                        > > --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Ima Person <imaperson91@...<imaperson91%
                                        40yahoo.com>>
                                        > > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > > From: Ima Person <imaperson91@... <imaperson91%40yahoo.com>>
                                        > > > Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water
                                        Bottle
                                        > > > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com <johnmuirtrail%
                                        40yahoogroups.com>
                                        > > > Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 5:08 PM
                                        > > > not noob either, as long as the food that goes back inside
                                        > > > is sealed up. with the dry air, the cannister would
                                        > > > probably dry very quickly anyway.
                                        > > >

                                        > > > ________________________________
                                        > > > From: Sean Mahoney <cutlassdude70@... <cutlassdude70%
                                        40gmail.com>>

                                      • David
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                          Above tree line - not above trees!

                                          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davecarb@...> wrote:

                                          > Last year when I used my Bear Vault to wash clothes I made sure I
                                          > was above tree so I could see everything around me clearly. I
                                          never
                                          > had a bear problem. Lylle Canyon would not be a good place to do
                                          > this!
                                          >
                                          > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@>
                                          > wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Isn't anyone worried about bears getting to the food that is
                                          > removed from
                                          > > the bear cannister for its dual use as a wash tub? I've heard
                                          > that black
                                          > > bears can be very sneaky and I talked to a hiker who had a black
                                          > bear run
                                          > > into the camp sight and pick up a bear cannister by its lip
                                          > because the lid
                                          > > was not secured to it, and ran away with it.
                                          > >
                                          > > On 1/29/09, song95139@ <song95139@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I agree with Al on using the bear canister to wash clothes
                                          > with. All my
                                          > > > food are in zip lock or some plastic enclosed bag. I do not
                                          have
                                          > any issue
                                          > > > about using this heavy canister to carry water to put out
                                          > campfire, sit on
                                          > > > as a stool, wash clothes, store my food, as drum to make
                                          music,
                                          > keep the
                                          > > > fish I catch until I am ready to cook them, and finally as a
                                          > table to eat my
                                          > > > meals.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > These are some of the uses for my bear can. Please feel free
                                          > add any
                                          > > > more uses if you have any more to add.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I also carry a 1 liter nalgene bottle for drinking water
                                          supply.
                                          > I also use
                                          > > > the same water bottle as a pee bottle at night. Of course I
                                          > rinse it out
                                          > > > thoroughly before reusing after every night.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > This is absolutely not a noob idea at all. Use every item you
                                          > carry for
                                          > > > multiple uses can certainly save a lot of pain on joints and
                                          > back.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Sim
                                          > > >
                                          > > > --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Ima Person <imaperson91@<imaperson91%
                                          > 40yahoo.com>>

                                          > Bottle
                                          > 40yahoogroups.com>

                                          > 40gmail.com>>

                                        • Steve Schauer
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                            Ziploc bags worked for me. I highly recommend.

                                            > I second the ziploc,  either the one gallon bag or look for
                                            > 2 gallon bags,  much easier to agitate the clothes when in
                                            > the bag.
                                            >

                                            > ________________________________

                                          • Derek Peters
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jan 29, 2009
                                              Wow, now that's a bear with no fear.
                                              I've had them circle my camp when I'm there and troll through my camp at night rooting around, but
                                              never during the day when I'm in camp. They've alway run away when I stand and approach.

                                              Maybe I just smell too bad or something. ;-)
                                              Derek

                                              ________________________________
                                              Isn't anyone worried about bears getting to the food that is removed from
                                              the bear cannister for its dual use as a wash tub? I've heard that black
                                              bears can be very sneaky and I talked to a hiker who had a black bear run
                                              into the camp sight and pick up a bear cannister by its lip because the lid
                                              was not secured to it, and ran away with it.

                                              On 1/29/09, song95139@... <song95139@...> wrote:

                                              > I agree with Al on using the bear canister to wash clothes with. All my
                                              > food are in zip lock or some plastic enclosed bag. I do not have any issue
                                              > about using this heavy canister to carry water to put out campfire, sit on
                                              > as a stool, wash clothes, store my food, as drum to make music, keep the
                                              > fish I catch until I am ready to cook them, and finally as a table to eat my
                                              > meals.
                                              >
                                              > These are some of the uses for my bear can. Please feel free to add any
                                              > more uses if you have any more to add.
                                              >
                                              > I also carry a 1 liter nalgene bottle for drinking water supply. I also use
                                              > the same water bottle as a pee bottle at night. Of course I rinse it out
                                              > thoroughly before reusing after every night.
                                              >
                                              > This is absolutely not a noob idea at all. Use every item you carry for
                                              > multiple uses can certainly save a lot of pain on joints and back.
                                              >
                                              > Sim
                                              >
                                              > --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Ima Person <imaperson91@...<imaperson91%40yahoo.com>>
                                              > wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > From: Ima Person <imaperson91@... <imaperson91%40yahoo.com>>
                                              > > Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Wash Dirty Clothes in a Water Bottle
                                              > > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com <johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>
                                              > > Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 5:08 PM
                                              > > not noob either, as long as the food that goes back inside
                                              > > is sealed up. with the dry air, the cannister would
                                              > > probably dry very quickly anyway.

                                            • Kevin Aston
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 31, 2009
                                                I bought a 2 1/2 gallon cloth water bag from Sportsman Warehouse. It weighed 3 oz and worked well for washing clothes and storage of stuff. It has lasted me for 3 years and still looks new. They have it on the wall with the head nets and poop shovels and things. The problem with taking your food out of your canister and using to wash clothes is your food is totally unprotected during that time,and I believe the fine is about $150 per item not secured.
                                                Kevin Aston
                                                www.kevinaston.com