The Adventure Begins

  • Ray Rippel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2013
      Good morning, all,

      After a few days at 7,600 feet, this morning I take the YARTS into Yosemite Valley in preparation for my hike, which starts bright and early Friday. The weather this week has not been good, but the ten-day forecast is sunny every single day. Good stuff.

      If anyone would like to follow my progress, I'll have my SPOT set (while I'm moving) to drop electronic breadcrumbs. You can see my progress here (beginning Friday):

      Note to Roleigh: I have NOT list the JMT Group in my SPOT preferences and it will not be clogging up the forum.

      I've checked the "Web Only" box on messages and I will not be responding to group messages until September 12th, when I hope I'll be on the top of Mount Whitney.

      Thanks to everyone who helped me with my preparations. My button is proudly displayed; hope to meet some forum folks out there.

      One last thing: I've got a Tuesday blog post scheduled for every Tuesday I am gone. Check it out at JMTBook.com.

      Good hiking, Ray