Re: belated update

  • dvbraun
    Message 1 of 473 , Oct 23, 2000
      Sorry to hear of the aborted plan on the JMT!
      Definitely do it in 2000 and use this experience as a
      positive one. On a similar note, a friend of mine had to
      drop out on day 2 of a 5 month Pacific Crest Trail
      trip we had planned in 1991. I am a firm believer that
      regardless of an outcome, it is a success to have commited
      to such endeavors and there is much to learn in what
      others might consider failure, but what I consider a
      modified success! Kind of like climbing mountains, you
      usually learn more when you have to turn around then
      reaching the top.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24 8:48 AM