belated update

  • dad0980
    Message 1 of 473 , Oct 22, 2000
      So here is how it went..... July 8th we(Me, my
      brother and cousin) left Happy Isles on our way to Mt.
      Whitney. The packs felt light, the weather was great, and
      I felt great until.... we came close to the
      half-dome cutoff. Then all of a sudden my legs felt like
      lead weights and I was left with no energy. 30 min.
      later I realized that I was in Atrial Flutter( a heart
      condition that I have that occurs rarely, but when it does
      it acts like your car would with a loose spark plug
      wire) So, my participation with the trip was cut short.
      I was pretty dejected haveing spent4-5 months
      preparing for this journey. I am choosing to see the glass
      as half full, and have even more resolve to hike the
      JMT this summer. Be on the lookout for further
      postings. I will be looking for a few partners to hike with
      as soon as I get permits in Feb.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002