Re: [John Muir Trail] Yahoo Groups Updates

  • Peter Lusche
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
      Just joined today, and I've had the same problem. ... I'm appreciating all the good advice I'm finding on file, but I don't need to see every communication.  Thanks! Peter J L

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 5, 2013, at 6:17 PM, longritchie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      How can I prevent this from being emailed to me?

      In my profile under "Message Delivery" I have selected "Web Only - Don't get notified of the latest happenings. Read messages only on the web." Is the "Special Notices" setting what I need to stop all non-critical email messages? Or do I need to add Yahoo Groups Updates to my spam filter?

    • john_friend
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
        At the bottom of anyone of the emails from the Yaboo group, click on "Change Settings" and then scroll to "Step 2. Message Delivery" and you can select the "Daily Digest" option. You control how many emails you get.

        --John

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Peter Lusche <pjlusche@...> wrote:

        > Just joined today, and I've had the same problem. ... I'm appreciating all the good advice I'm finding on file, but I don't need to see every communication. Thanks! Peter J L
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Aug 5, 2013, at 6:17 PM, longritchie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > > How can I prevent this from being emailed to me?
        > >
        > > In my profile under "Message Delivery" I have selected "Web Only - Don't get notified of the latest happenings. Read messages only on the web." Is the "Special Notices" setting what I need to stop all non-critical email messages? Or do I need to add Yahoo Groups Updates to my spam filter?

      • longritchie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
          John,

          Thank you. I think Peter is asking a different question.

          I did not see "Change Settings" at the bottom of the email but I did see a link to "Unsubscribe from the Updates Email". I clicked on that. It hadn't occured to me that this control wouldn't be available under Edit Membership:Message Delivery.