RE: [John Muir Trail] JMT from Edison to TMeadows

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
      James, where are you coming from? Someone driving you all the way back into VVR? Just curious ---- if I was in L.A and had the option, I might think about coming up 395 hitting bishop, then getting to the mosquito flat trailhead--- come in over mono pass and either head into VVR or slog up Silver Pass

      forkfestreview.wordpress.com
      sparklefart.blogspot.com

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: bobolonius@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 17:32:01 -0700
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT from Edison to TMeadows

      James, where are you coming from? Someone driving you all the way back into VVR? Just curious ---- if I was in L.A and had the option, I might think about coming up 395 hitting bishop, then getting to the mosquito flat trailhead--- come in over mono pass and either head into VVR or slog up bear ridge.

      Bob

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 1, 2013, at 1:01 PM, "jamesrchristopherson" <jamesrchristopherson@...> wrote:

      I have been lurking around the site and found a trail guide for TM to Edison Lake which I would like to do NOBO for ease of permits.

      The trailguide indicates its 63 miles with a possible cache pickup at Reds or Devils Postpile.

      I would like to fish along the way and im planning on doing it solo.

      Can you help me with some miles per day thoughts and general info on the hike, I am experienced and usually hike 1 1/2 - 2 mph depending on the terrain and elevation changes, so I can estimate the distances but would like a little input from your experiences.

      thank you in advance.

      James

    • James Christopherson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2013
        I'm coming from Fresno where I live. My wife will take me to Edison on day 0 and pick me up in TMeadows on my last day.