Re: Lighter weight Steripen-friendly water bottle?

  • judithsmcguire
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013
      Super! Thanks. I saw the 48 ounce canteens at REI but not the 32. The nalgene bottles according to their website weigh 6.2 oz.

      Judo

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Paul Jesse <pauldjesse@...> wrote:

      > Judo, check out the Nalgene Wide-Mouth Cantene, I've been using it and it
      > works well!
      >
      > http://www.rei.com/product/670588/nalgene-wide-mouth-cantene-32-fl-oz
      >
      > *Sincerely,
      > Paul Jesse*
      > *Race Director
      > **Off Road Pursuits
      > **858-848-9249*
      >
      > **
      >
      > *www.offroadpursuits.com*

    • scriv.ener
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013
        Do you drink gin? Good. Then buy a Canada Dry (not the house brand) one liter tonic water. Nice wide mouth. Very light weight. And not bad tonic water, either.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "judithsmcguire" <judithsmcguire@...> wrote:

        > Anyone found a wide-mouth 1 liter water bottle that will fit Steripen that is lighter than the usual hard plastic water bottle? ...
      • Dan Spiess
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013

          A quart mayo jar works great.  I’ve used this for several years.