JMT from Edison to TMeadows

  • jamesrchristopherson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
      I have been lurking around the site and found a trail guide for TM to Edison Lake which I would like to do NOBO for ease of permits.

      The trailguide indicates its 63 miles with a possible cache pickup at Reds or Devils Postpile.

      I would like to fish along the way and im planning on doing it solo.

      Can you help me with some miles per day thoughts and general info on the hike, I am experienced and usually hike 1 1/2 - 2 mph depending on the terrain and elevation changes, so I can estimate the distances but would like a little input from your experiences.

      thank you in advance.

      James
    • Larry Beck
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
        How about this:

        8.0 miles Edison Lake to Mott Pass Trail  (aka: North Fork of Mono Creek)
        10.0 miles Lake Virginia
        9.8 miles Deer Creek
        8.2 miles Red's Meadows
        11 miles Garnet Lake
        12.3 miles Lyell Canyon Bridge
        11.7 miles Tuolumne Meadows Grill and Post Office

        Larry

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2013
            James, where are you coming from? Someone driving you all the way back into VVR? Just curious ---- if I was in L.A and had the option, I might think about coming up 395 hitting bishop, then getting to the mosquito flat trailhead--- come in over mono pass and either head into VVR or slog up Silver Pass

            forkfestreview.wordpress.com
            sparklefart.blogspot.com

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
            From: bobolonius@...
            Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 17:32:01 -0700
            Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT from Edison to TMeadows

[...]

          • James Christopherson
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2013
              I'm coming from Fresno where I live. My wife will take me to Edison on day 0 and pick me up in TMeadows on my last day.