Re: Washing Machines at Tuolumne and Red's Meadow

  • john_friend
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
      Red's Meadow has a shower and washing machine building open for use by anyone (both cost money obviously). We washed all our clothes there on our recently completed JMT trip.

      At Tuolumne, we washed our clothes (without soap) in the Tuolumne River. I'm not ware of washing machines there.

      --John

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl" <dabrahms@...> wrote:

      > I will be staying in a tent/cabin at Tuolumne and Red's Meadow. Are there washing machines at either location for guests?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Darryl

    • Larry Beck
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
        MTR has a huge washing machine and dryer as well but they will not let you use the dryer because it runs on propane and they need to save that for their linens. It takes an act of Congress to get a new propane tank up there. They do have a nice clothes line though.

        Larry