johnladd@gmail.com sent you a link to content of interest

  • johncurranladd
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2013
      johnladd@... sent you a link to the following content:

      Aspen Fire Leaving Cloud of Smoke Over California
      http://yosemiteblog.com/2013/07/31/aspen-fire-leaving-cloud-of-smoke-over-california/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=aspen-fire-leaving-cloud-of-smoke-over-california

      The sender also included this note:

      Forwarded from Yosemite Blog.

      --
      Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
      http://www.google.com/support/feedburner/bin/answer.py?answer=78966&topic=13246
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2013
        Ugh. This sounds awful - is anyone even hiking out there anymore? We are planning a north bound hike from Red's to the Yosemite Valley starting this Saturday. On a scale of 1 - 10 , 10 being impassable or closed by the forest service, how bad can we expect the conditions to be?
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2013
          I'm not all that sensitive. But I'd say a 3 at Reds Meadow dropping to a 1 or 2 over Donohue Pass

          Some people have bailed but others have continued on and have reported along the lines of "not so bad". hard to know for sure without being there.

          Backfires could make it worse for a day or two, and they could start Saturday (if not earlier). But then it should get better fairly fast

          John L

          On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM, vegasjmtdave <djpauw@...> wrote:
           Ugh. This sounds awful - is anyone even hiking out there anymore? We are planning a north bound hike from Red's to the Yosemite Valley starting this Saturday. On a scale of 1 - 10 , 10 being impassable or closed by the forest service, how bad can we expect the conditions to be?

        • Diana Heinz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2013
            I am up here in Mammoth right now.  My son will be coming into Reds Meadow, off the JMT, southbound, on Friday to pick up food.  The smoke changes all day here in Mammoth, and Reds Meadow is at a lower elevation than we are. I just hiked Happy Isles to Tuolumne yesterday, July 30.  It was slightly smoky but in no way impassible.  I do not believe there is a threat of the trail being closed at all.  Have a great hike.

            Sent from my iPhone