Re: Possible fire near Lake Edison

    Message 1 of 84 , Jul 30, 2013
      More about the DC-10 tanker here:

      http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/dc--air-tanker-fights-fresno-fire-from-santa-maria/article_6dba09b0-f8dc-11e2-9fe7-001a4bcf887a.html

      On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 7:13 AM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
      This morning's update, 14,147 acres Still showing 20% contained, 1672
      firefighters. Main line of advance of the fire toward the NNW.

      "Good progress with indirect line is being made on the northwest side
      of the fire. Indirect line has been completed on the north east and
      southwest sides of the fire. The Very Large Air Tanker (VLAT)- D.C. 10
      was utilized on the fire yesterday. Crews continue to use direct
      attack when possible and are making good progress."

      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 10, 2013
        On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Chris <cehauser1@...> wrote:

        This morning they posted what they are saying is the final fire update for the Aspen Fire. For that reason, I'll call this report my final report too. (Also, I'm leaving for my JMT hike this Friday, so the timing is good.)

        Chris - Thanks for the great reports,