Hiking JMT On August 9 . Any.suggestion/partner?

  • Myo
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 29, 2013
      Hi
      This is my first time for hiking JMT. Feel free to suggest anything .. Route/weather/water/fire...

      Partner welcome... I live in San Jose /Bay Area leaving on August 8 ..

      For partner ...Me?
      No plan ..no food resupply/don't have permit yet .. But i Will go to vermilion/muri ranch/ marmot lake.. If I need more supply... I can go 15 miles a day.. Since I'm slow hiker, just want to keep my step and enjoy nature.. I plan to do in 2 weeks. If you need more time I can stretch the time up to September 19.. No rush with very super ultralight mind set.. Base weight non-consumable <5lb

      Thank you very much
    • Wilderness
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 1, 2013
        I recently hiked a pygmy promenade of the PCT (Carson Pass to Donner Summit). The Eldorado NF told me (perhaps in error?) that my alcohol stove was OK. There seems to be lots of confusion about which stoves are allowed. Be careful out there.
        Like Ravi, I have an ULA Catalyst. I figured out a way to determine the maximum length of a Bearikade (custom length) for your pack (horizontal fit, works with vertical alignment too). Tell me if you want the solution (no, not you, Ravi, we already had this discussion).
        For a Catalyst, the max is 11.25", yielding 700 ci of capacity, same as a BV500.
        I'll work on a trip report, which will eventually appear at:

        http://wildernessvagabond.com/reports.htm

        have fun out there,

        Rob of the WV