Re: [John Muir Trail] Alternate hikes

  • Bill Heiser
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29 6:19 PM
      hmmm, I read a couple days ago in another forum that some hikers aborted a hike in the Humphreys Basin area due to heavy smoke.  So unless that's from a different fire, apparently the Aspen fire smoke is also heading south-easterly too.

      Maybe wind conditions have changed since then?

      July 29, 2013 3:33 PM

      My alternate plan is:

      if the smoke is too heavy from RM, I will abort at RM, just get back to Mammoth lakes, take bus to Bishop and start the SB hike from there. Looks like all the smoke is between RM & VVR/MTR.