Re: [John Muir Trail] Best camping between Charlotte Lake & Vidette Meadow

  • Alex Cheng
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28 11:06 PM
      I agree with Robert.  Charlotte always looks nice from the trail, but I've never been there.  Perhaps it is because I prefer smaller lakes...  One time I did camp at Vidette Meadows and I won't stay there anymore.  Besides the regular bear visits, there were lots of mosquitos, even in mid-August - when mozzies weren't bad at other places.  I prefer to continue on up towards Forester Pass and find a camping spot there.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29 10:05 PM
        OFFBOARD

        Bob,

        Great post!