Re: Possible fire near Lake Edison

    Message 1 of 84 , Jul 28, 2013
      Grown some overnight to 8927, still 15% contained, more firefighters brought in (now 1187). Wind still from the NW, blowing smoke toward the JMT. They expect another inversion, which will trap smoke near the ground.

      Still a LONG way east from the JMT itself and still headed more North than West

      "Good progress with indirect line is being made on the northwest side of the fire. Air resources may be grounded most of the day because of the inversion lifting late in the afternoon"

      http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3552/

      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 10, 2013
        On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Chris <cehauser1@...> wrote:

        This morning they posted what they are saying is the final fire update for the Aspen Fire. For that reason, I'll call this report my final report too. (Also, I'm leaving for my JMT hike this Friday, so the timing is good.)

        Chris - Thanks for the great reports,