Resupplies Stuck at 'Dispatched to Sort Facility'

  • jj442434
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2013
      I sent out my resupplies on Monday the 22nd in LA. My package to Red's Meadow had an estimated delivery date of the 25th, and MTR on the 27th.

      However, on USPS's track and confirm website all 3 of my packages (1 to Red's, 2 to MTR) still say 'Dispatched to Sort Facility', and have said that since the 22nd, about 30 minutes after they were 'Accepted'. I'm a little worried, since I'm leaving on August 5th, and I'd like to know my food is there.

      Has anyone experienced this before? I think I am going to call Red's tomorrow to see if they received my package, and it just hasn't been scanned, as well as the post office. Just wanted to see if anyone has good advice about taking care of this speedily and with minimal hassle
    • sriprank
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
        USPS doesn't update till they arrive and are scanned at the receiving PO. With UPS you have wayside scanners when they go via rail that reports the progress regularly.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "jj442434" <jj442434@...> wrote:

        > I sent out my resupplies on Monday the 22nd in LA. My package to Red's Meadow had an estimated delivery date of the 25th, and MTR on the 27th.
        >
        > However, on USPS's track and confirm website all 3 of my packages (1 to Red's, 2 to MTR) still say 'Dispatched to Sort Facility', and have said that since the 22nd, about 30 minutes after they were 'Accepted'. I'm a little worried, since I'm leaving on August 5th, and I'd like to know my food is there.
        >
        > Has anyone experienced this before? I think I am going to call Red's tomorrow to see if they received my package, and it just hasn't been scanned, as well as the post office. Just wanted to see if anyone has good advice about taking care of this speedily and with minimal hassle

      • tamirph
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2013
          I remembered this post when I was researching my resupplies today. This doesn't pertain to your current status but might soon. According to MTR site:
          You may receive a message saying that delivery was attempted but not successful. Don't worry. Until we pick up your package, that qualifies as an unsuccessful delivery attempt.

          Hope they show delivered soon! We are sending ours out next week!

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "jj442434" <jj442434@...> wrote:

          > I sent out my resupplies on Monday the 22nd in LA. My package to Red's Meadow had an estimated delivery date of the 25th, and MTR on the 27th.
          >
          > However, on USPS's track and confirm website all 3 of my packages (1 to Red's, 2 to MTR) still say 'Dispatched to Sort Facility', and have said that since the 22nd, about 30 minutes after they were 'Accepted'. I'm a little worried, since I'm leaving on August 5th, and I'd like to know my food is there.
          >
          > Has anyone experienced this before? I think I am going to call Red's tomorrow to see if they received my package, and it just hasn't been scanned, as well as the post office. Just wanted to see if anyone has good advice about taking care of this speedily and with minimal hassle

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
            Did you figure out your resupply quandry?

            Chris.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2013
              Yeah, all my food is safe and sound. I called the sending PO, and they said the fact that I mailed everything in buckets means the packages were less likely to get scanned along the way.

              The one to Red's had no further tracking info besides "Arrived", and the ones to MTR said that they arrived at a sorting facility in Fresno one day before they arrived.

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <cehauser1@...> wrote:

              > Did you figure out your resupply quandry?
              >
              > Chris.
            • Chris
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2013
                Good to know. Thanks for the info.