Re: [John Muir Trail] Sunglasses a Necessity?

  • Ray Rippel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
      Agreed...I can't imagine being above treeline without them!

      .

    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
        Don't worry, you won't have sensitive eyes until you've been on the trail a few days and start suffering from headaches due to squinting all day long. Bring sunglasses.

        Bob

        Sent from my iPhone
      • krishna9012
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
          I use transitions which also work fine. Be careful to take out the dark glasses while crossing streams under trees to make sure that you dont step on moss covered rocks. I had a helpless fall in a stream when I could not see the moss on a rock thru dark glasses.

          > Don't worry, you won't have sensitive eyes until you've been on the trail a few days and start suffering from headaches due to squinting all day long. Bring sunglasses.
          >
          > Bob
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • Inga Aksamit
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
            Not to act like your mom, but please start wearing sunglasses even off the trail. There is a good amount of scientific data correlating the effects of sun exposure on cataract formation. You won't develop problems until later in life but your body is accumulating the damage nonetheless.
            http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14569187

            Inga Aksamit
            Mobile: 415-470-1812
            Email: Iaksamit@...