Re: solar chargers

  • Inga Aksamit
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 24, 2013
      My smart phone that I've been using with the Bushnell solar charger is a Mororola Droid Razr (not the MAXX) from Verizon, about a year old. Android version 4.1.2; 16 GB RAM.

      Inga Aksamit
      Mobile: 415-470-1812
      Email: Iaksamit@...
      Twitter.com/IngaAksamit
      About Me: about.me/IngasAdventures
    • eric schultz
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 12, 2014
        Hi someone posted that they used a bushnell on the JMT.  I was wondering which one and how long did it take to charge via the sun
        Thanks
        Eric
      • debrabrownbear
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 12, 2014
          Last year I used a Bushnell Bear Gryllis Solar Wrap Mini charger. I hung it from my pack all day, then charged my phone in camp at day's end. Took 1-2 hours to charge the phone at night. It never charged it to 100%. The best I got was 70-80%, but worked fine for me. Debra
        • Stirling Price
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 13, 2014
            Thanks Debra, that's what I will be using this year.  Good to know that it should handle my minimal charging needs.

            Stirling

            On Apr 12, 2014, at 10:15 PM, <debrabrownbear@...> wrote:

            Last year I used a Bushnell Bear Gryllis Solar Wrap Mini charger. I hung it from my pack all day, then charged my phone in camp at day's end. Took 1-2 hours to charge the phone at night. It never charged it to 100%. The best I got was 70-80%, but worked fine for me. Debra

          • Julie Mitchell

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 13, 2014
                There is some cell reception in spots along the trail. There's a database in the files area that indicates the various carriers and places where people have had reception. I used my smartphone in airplane mode mostly, to take photos and check the Guthook's app occasionally. Though I did successfully post a photo to Facebook from Donohue pass. Debra