Re: [John Muir Trail] Possible fire near Lake Edison

  • Hextstatic
    Message 1 of 84 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi,

      See the VVR Facebook page for photo of smoke and this link:

       http://calfire.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/ca-snf-aspen-wildlandfire-50-acres.html

      Nick in UK heading NOBO from Horseshoe 17-8-13 (We hope)

      On 24 July 2013 07:12, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      Anyone heard anything about a rumored fire near Lake Edison? Two
      people contacted me off-board about a fire moon in the night sky in
      the Mammoth Lakes vicinity and about rumors of a fire in the Lake
      Edison area that supposedly was to be allowed to just burn itself out.
      I can't find anything about it at the usual fire conditions site, so
      it may be one of those odd rumors that springs up. But if you know
      something specific, please share and I'll pass it on.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707

      Nixx

      hext.knight@...

      Please consider the environment before printing this email
      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 10, 2013
        On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Chris <cehauser1@...> wrote:

        This morning they posted what they are saying is the final fire update for the Aspen Fire. For that reason, I'll call this report my final report too. (Also, I'm leaving for my JMT hike this Friday, so the timing is good.)

        Chris - Thanks for the great reports,