Re: Ride to Yosemite next week

  • sanfran_rwood
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23 12:07 PM
      Amtrak from the Bay Area to Yosemite is even less -- about $30 -- taking the San Joaquin train to Merced and then the YARTS shuttle.

      That'll take you to Yosemite Valley, and there are internal shuttles that can get you to TM.

      You might also post your plea on Craiglist -- lotsa folks share rides via that forum.
      --
      Richard

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "jj442434" <jj442434@...> wrote:

      > If nobody can give you a ride, think about taking public transportation.
      >
      > Amtrak can take you to Yosemite Valley for about $60 from LA. From there you can take either YARTS or the Tuolumne Meadows Hiker Bus to Tuolumne Meadows. This might be a little more expensive than sharing a ride, but if you have no other options, its there.
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "nature_girl8" <nature_girl8@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Is anyone driving out to Yosemite early next week on the 29th or 30th? Starting the JMT out of Tuolumne Meadows next week and my ride just cancelled today due to unforeseen circumstances. Will gladly share gas expenses, buy you lunch on the way and/or bake a batch of homemade brownies for you.
      > >
      > > Grateful for any rides. Thanks in advance!
      > >
      > > Vicki

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24 1:34 AM
        Vicki,

        I'm not sure where home is for you but about the best I could offer is a ride from So Cal to Mammoth on Aug 4th if your dates are flexible.

        I have a Tuolomne Meadows to Whitney permit reservation for a Aug 5th JMT start and I'll be taking the YARTS from Mammoth to TM on 8/5.

        John M.