Re: Trail routing in Yosemite for purists

  • John
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
      Here is the text from my Starr; "...we meet and cross the Tioga Road where the old road coming across the meadow from the river meets it. Now only a trail, we follow it across the meadow and cross the Tuolumne River on the old Bridge to the north bank... Parson's Lodge"

      I'm now wondering if the very oldest, original alignment may have actually traversed south of the river where 120 is now. It appears the original Tioga Road actually crossed at Parsons!! That alignment may have been destroyed when they realigned the road, thereby "switching" alignments! This is pretty exciting (for me anyway). I sure would like to see a copy of your map!

      Thanks

      John