YARTS bus from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley

  • krishna9012
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
      Looking at the latest sched on www.yarts.com, there is only one bus in the morning which takes you to the Yosemite V, that is 8:00 start in Mammoth and 12:05pm arrival in YV. There is a 6am bus but it goes only upto TM visitor center. If I take the 6a bus from Mammoth is there any other connecting bust at TM that takes me to the valley? I looked thru lots of schedules but could not find any :( Any other alternative to reach the valley earlier than 12 noon?
      Krishna
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2013
        There is the hiker's bus that goes from TM to the Valley, apparently it runs through mid-September, departs TM around 2 pm:

        http://www.yosemitepark.com/tuolumne-meadows-tour.aspx

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "krishna9012" <krishna9012@...> wrote:

        > Looking at the latest sched on www.yarts.com, there is only one bus in the morning which takes you to the Yosemite V, that is 8:00 start in Mammoth and 12:05pm arrival in YV. There is a 6am bus but it goes only upto TM visitor center. If I take the 6a bus from Mammoth is there any other connecting bust at TM that takes me to the valley? I looked thru lots of schedules but could not find any :( Any other alternative to reach the valley earlier than 12 noon?
        > Krishna

      • krishna9012
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
          Dave:
          Thanks for the useful info. I am opting for just staying in the YV backpacker's CG for the night before the hike instead going thru the hassle of Mammoth to valley bus commute. I have to resolve the rental car return to some place like Oakhurst before camping.