Re: [John Muir Trail] How to send my stuff to another city?

  • fernando_amorim08
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
      Thx for all the answers. Just love this forum!

      Oh! And when i asked about the price i meant the price per kg. hehe

      Cya !

      > Well then, here's your lovely hollywood post office. it's within a block or less of your hostel.
      > http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-post-office-los-angeles-2
      > Fernando Amorimc/o General Delivery/ U.S. post office1615 Wilcox AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90028
      >

      > just remember to send it to yourself there, care of General Delivery . . . and you might want to put an estimated time of arrival on the package.
      >
      > BOB
      >
      > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      > From: fernando.amorim08@...
      > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:20:35 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] How to send my stuff to another city?

      > Wassup Robert.
      >

      > I'm gonna stay at USA Hostel
      >
      > 1624 SCHRADER BLVD, HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028, USA
      >

      > Do you have any idea how much cost that service?
      >

      > Thx!
      >

      > Cya!
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, robert shattuck <bobolonius@> wrote:
      >

      > > My guess is, figure out where both your hostel (in L.A.) and the nearest post office are . . . send your stuff to the post office, as:
      >
      > > Your NameGeneral Deliveryat whatever the post office address is.
      >
      > > likewise, if you wanted to have something waiting for you at the end of the JMT, you would send it to the Lone Pine Post office, "general delivery" . . . it should be sitting there, waiting for you––as long as you do not show up on a sunday. closed.
      >
      > > What's the address of the hostel in L.A.???
      >
      > > BOB
      >

      > > http://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480

    • Jim White
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
        The post office won't keep the package forever. Officially 30 days is the limit.

        Why not send to the Lone Pine post office?

        See this page for official info:

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
          I don't want send to Lone Pine because i don't want to carry 2 backpack to LA. I will be pretty tired to do that.

          Thx Jim!

          Well, i'm not sure how i