Re: [John Muir Trail] How to send my stuff to another city?

  • fernando_amorim08
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18 6:09 PM
      Thx for all the answers. Just love this forum!

      Oh! And when i asked about the price i meant the price per kg. hehe

      Cya !

      > Well then, here's your lovely hollywood post office. it's within a block or less of your hostel.
      > http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-post-office-los-angeles-2
      > Fernando Amorimc/o General Delivery/ U.S. post office1615 Wilcox AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90028
      >

      > just remember to send it to yourself there, care of General Delivery . . . and you might want to put an estimated time of arrival on the package.
      >
      > BOB
      >
      > To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      > From: fernando.amorim08@...
      > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:20:35 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] How to send my stuff to another city?

      > Wassup Robert.
      >

      > I'm gonna stay at USA Hostel
      >
      > 1624 SCHRADER BLVD, HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028, USA
      >

      > Do you have any idea how much cost that service?
      >

      > Thx!
      >

      > Cya!
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, robert shattuck <bobolonius@> wrote:
      >

      > > My guess is, figure out where both your hostel (in L.A.) and the nearest post office are . . . send your stuff to the post office, as:
      >
      > > Your NameGeneral Deliveryat whatever the post office address is.
      >
      > > likewise, if you wanted to have something waiting for you at the end of the JMT, you would send it to the Lone Pine Post office, "general delivery" . . . it should be sitting there, waiting for you––as long as you do not show up on a sunday. closed.
      >
      > > What's the address of the hostel in L.A.???
      >
      > > BOB
      >

      > > http://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480

    • Jim White
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18 10:08 PM
        The post office won't keep the package forever. Officially 30 days is the limit.

        Why not send to the Lone Pine post office?

        See this page for official info:

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19 8:12 AM
          I don't want send to Lone Pine because i don't want to carry 2 backpack to LA. I will be pretty tired to do that.

          Thx Jim!

          Well, i'm not sure how i