Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT 14-16 Day Plan

  • Larry Beck
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 17 2:31 PM
      He is now 74....what an animal he is.....I am 54
      and hope to be as strong as he is when I am 74.....Whew!!!!.

      Actually, I wouldn't mind being as strong as him right now... why wait until I'm 74?? :)

      Larry

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 17 5:27 PM
        Ditto.

        I'm 70. I'm planning to take 34 days to do the trail, plus or minus. My planned exit date is August 27. Say hello as you fly by me.

        Gail

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Larry Beck <becklaurence@...> wrote:

        > He is now 74....what an animal he is.....I am 54
        > and hope to be as strong as he is when I am 74.....Whew!!!!.
        >

        > Actually, I wouldn't mind being as strong as him right now... why wait until I'm 74?? :)
        >
        > Larry

      • passanis80
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 17 6:03 PM
          Hello,

          Thinking about my plan, is 2 days from Happy Isles to Tuolumne Meadows Ranger Station a good pace to properly acclimate to the altitude? I am coming from San Francisco, and will only spend 1 night in the park if walkup permits are not available on the first day.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 17 6:15 PM
            Yes.. that should be OK. You could make your first stop Cloud's Rest Junction just past Half-Dome. That would be about 6.7 miles for your first day. From there it's about 15.2 miles to the Tuolumne Meadows backpackers camp and maybe another 1.5 miles to the Tuolumne Meadows Ranger station.

            Larry