Re: Sending bear canister in MTR resupply?

  • Herb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
      When I hiked the JMT there were 3 in our party. We carried two cans and mailed a third to Muir Trail Ranch (MTR) with our supplies, thus saving the weight of an extra can for a week. We resupplied at the same places you plan to. Two cans was way more space than we needed for 3. Depending on the number of days you plan between Reds and MTR, a single well-packed can should be sufficient to get you there. Remember too, that the food consumed during the first day of a resupply need not fit into the can.

      Herb