High Trail Question

  • marketScience
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      I am reading the JMT maps today and see there is a High Trail variation after Red's northbound. Is there any reason to do this versus staying on the jmt?
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
        In a word: Yes, wildflowers, but that's two words. The High Trail has some of the best blooms along the "JMT", if you go that way, in July. That said, if you have never done the JMT before, stick to it through the Ritter Range; it's not to be missed!

        JD
        see book here