Heading out!

  • Cynthia Harrell
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 16, 2013
      Thanks to the moderators and the whole group!  This is a marvelous source of sharing & information and has really been a big help to our pre-hike planning!  We may bump into Roleigh... :)

      And we'll be wearing our JMT pins...

      See you out there!
      Cynthia (X Trovert) Harrell

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Gail
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
        I'll be leaving home Monday morning to drive to the Owens Valley (from which I'll bus to Yosemite). I'll be hitting the trail from HI on Thursday morning.

        This forum has been invaluable to me in my planning over the past 15 months. Thank you all for that!

        Since my pace will be glacial (if that's even a good analogy anymore for being slow), if you start within a week of me (or even later), you'll no doubt pass me somewhere on the trail. I'd love it if you'd say hello. I'll be wearing my John Muir pin on my (white) hat :-).

        Gail
      • Bill Heiser

        Message 4 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
          If it stays as hot as it's been, that's about the size of it :-).

          Gail

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Bill Heiser <bill@...> wrote:

          > So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D
          >

          > > Gail <mailto:forgetwho@...>
          > > July 20, 2013 8:07 PM
          > >
          > > I'll be leaving home Monday morning to drive to the Owens Valley (from
          > > which I'll bus to Yosemite). I'll be hitting the trail from HI on
          > > Thursday morning.
          > >
          > > This forum has been invaluable to me in my planning over the past 15
          > > months. Thank you all for that!
          > >
          > > Since my pace will be glacial (if that's even a good analogy anymore
          > > for being slow), if you start within a week of me (or even later),
          > > you'll no doubt pass me somewhere on the trail. I'd love it if you'd
          > > say hello. I'll be wearing my John Muir pin on my (white) hat :-).
          > >
          > > Gail

        • Theresa
          Message 5 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
            Happy travels to you Gail...you can be the ever ready battery.  Never running out just moving at your pace. ..:-):-):-)

            Ciao
            Namaste,
            Theresa Gilliland

            505-797-2993 hm
            530-409-1659 ce
            182 Big Horn Ridge Dr NE
            Albuquerque NM 87122

            If it stays as hot as it's been, that's about the size of it :-).

            Gail

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Bill Heiser <bill@...> wrote:

            > So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D
            >

            > > Gail <mailto:forgetwho@...>
            > > July 20, 2013 8:07 PM
            > >
            > > I'll be leaving home Monday morning to drive to the Owens Valley (from
            > > which I'll bus to Yosemite). I'll be hitting the trail from HI on
            > > Thursday morning.
            > >
            > > This forum has been invaluable to me in my planning over the past 15
            > > months. Thank you all for that!
            > >
            > > Since my pace will be glacial (if that's even a good analogy anymore
            > > for being slow), if you start within a week of me (or even later),
            > > you'll no doubt pass me somewhere on the trail. I'd love it if you'd
            > > say hello. I'll be wearing my John Muir pin on my (white) hat :-).
            > >
            > > Gail

          • Bill Heiser
            Message 6 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
              I live in San Francisco, so all I know about "summer" is what I see on the news :).

              July 20, 2013 10:09 PM

              If it stays as hot as it's been, that's about the size of it :-).

              Gail

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Bill Heiser <bill@...> wrote:

              > So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D
              >

              > > Gail <mailto:forgetwho@...>
              > > July 20, 2013 8:07 PM
              > >
              > > I'll be leaving home Monday morning to drive to the Owens Valley (from
              > > which I'll bus to Yosemite). I'll be hitting the trail from HI on
              > > Thursday morning.
              > >
              > > This forum has been invaluable to me in my planning over the past 15
              > > months. Thank you all for that!
              > >
              > > Since my pace will be glacial (if that's even a good analogy anymore
              > > for being slow), if you start within a week of me (or even later),
              > > you'll no doubt pass me somewhere on the trail. I'd love it if you'd
              > > say hello. I'll be wearing my John Muir pin on my (white) hat :-).
              > >
              > > Gail

              July 20, 2013 9:44 PM
              So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D

            • Ray Rippel

                Message 8 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
                  Lucky you. I live in Grants Pass, Oregon, where it's pushing 100 degrees.

                  But I was referring to Yosemite Valley temps, where tomorrow's high, for example, is forecast to be 95...

                  Message 9 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
                    Thanks, Ray. That's the plan, anyway :-).

                    Gail

                    --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:

                    > Good hiking, Gail. Take it one step at a time and soon you will be having
                    > the adventure of a lifetime!
                    >

                    > On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Gail <forgetwho@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > I'll be leaving home Monday morning to drive to the Owens Valley (from
                    > > which I'll bus to Yosemite). I'll be hitting the trail from HI on Thursday
                    > > morning.
                    > >
                    > > This forum has been invaluable to me in my planning over the past 15
                    > > months. Thank you all for that!
                    > >
                    > > Since my pace will be glacial (if that's even a good analogy anymore for
                    > > being slow), if you start within a week of me (or even later), you'll no
                    > > doubt pass me somewhere on the trail. I'd love it if you'd say hello. I'll
                    > > be wearing my John Muir pin on my (white) hat :-).
                    > >
                    > > Gail

                  • Gail
                    Message 10 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
                      It's been a long time since I've seen that commercial. (Just about as long as it's been since I've seen the top of Mt. Whitney, lol.)

                      Thanks Theresa...

                      Gail

                      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Theresa <Theresa@...> wrote:

                      > Happy travels to you Gail...you can be the ever ready battery.  Never running out just moving at your pace. ..:-):-):-)
                      >

                      > Ciao
                      > Namaste,
                      > Theresa Gilliland
                      >
                      > 505-797-2993 hm
                      > 530-409-1659 ce
                      > 182 Big Horn Ridge Dr NE
                      > Albuquerque NM 87122
                      >
                      > Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

                    • Bill Heiser
                      Message 11 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
                        Gail, enjoy your trip!  Hiking the JMT is an amazing experience!

                        July 20, 2013 10:55 PM

                        Lucky you. I live in Grants Pass, Oregon, where it's pushing 100 degrees.

                        But I was referring to Yosemite Valley temps, where tomorrow's high, for example, is forecast to be 95...

                        Gail

                        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Bill Heiser <bill@...> wrote:

                        > I live in San Francisco, so all I know about "summer" is what I see on
                        > the news :).
                        >
                        > > Gail <mailto:forgetwho@...>
                        > > July 20, 2013 10:09 PM
                        > >
                        > > If it stays as hot as it's been, that's about the size of it :-).
                        > >
                        > > Gail
                        > >
                        > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                        > > <mailto:johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>, Bill Heiser <bill@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D

                        > > (from

                        > > Bill Heiser <mailto:bill@...>
                        > > July 20, 2013 9:44 PM
                        > > So you're planning on melting rapidly? :D

                        July 20, 2013 10:39 PM

                        Message 12 of 15 , Jul 20, 2013
                          Thanks Bill.

                          Gail

                          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Bill Heiser <bill@...> wrote:

                          > Gail, enjoy your trip! Hiking the JMT is an amazing experience!
                          >
                          > > Gail <mailto:forgetwho@...>
                          > > July 20, 2013 10:55 PM
                          > >

                          > > Lucky you. I live in Grants Pass, Oregon, where it's pushing 100 degrees.
                          > >
                          > > But I was referring to Yosemite Valley temps, where tomorrow's high,
                          > > for example, is forecast to be 95...
                          > >
                          > > Gail
                          > >
                          > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                          > > <mailto:johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>, Bill Heiser <bill@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I live in San Francisco, so all I know about "summer" is what I see on
                          > > > the news :).

                          > > <mailto:johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>

                          > > past 15

                          > > anymore
                          > > you'd

                          > > Bill Heiser <mailto:bill@...>
                          > > July 20, 2013 10:39 PM
                          > > I live in San Francisco, so all I know about "summer" is what I see on
                          > > the news :).

                        • Christina
                          Message 13 of 15 , Jul 21, 2013
                            Good Luck, Cynthia! Hope to see you out there!

                            Hey Gail - my family of 4 will start Tues, July 31, so maybe we'll see you down the road!

                            Christina & the crew (will have pin on hat)

                            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Harrell <cbharrell@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks to the moderators and the whole group! This is a marvelous source of sharing & information and has really been a big help to our pre-hike planning! We may bump into Roleigh... :)
                            >
                            > And we'll be wearing our JMT pins...
                            >
                            > See you out there!
                            > Cynthia (X Trovert) Harrell
                            >
                            > Sent from my iPhone

                          • Christina
                            Message 14 of 15 , Jul 21, 2013
                              I meant Tues, Jul 30!

                              :) C

                              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Christina" <cccniles@...> wrote:

                              > Good Luck, Cynthia! Hope to see you out there!
                              >
                              > Hey Gail - my family of 4 will start Tues, July 31, so maybe we'll see you down the road!
                              >
                              > Christina & the crew (will have pin on hat)
                              >
                              > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Harrell <cbharrell@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Thanks to the moderators and the whole group! This is a marvelous source of sharing & information and has really been a big help to our pre-hike planning! We may bump into Roleigh... :)
                              > >
                              > > And we'll be wearing our JMT pins...
                              > >
                              > > See you out there!
                              > > Cynthia (X Trovert) Harrell
                              > >
                              > > Sent from my iPhone

                            • Gail
                              Message 15 of 15 , Jul 21, 2013
                                I'll look for you and your crew, Christina :-)

                                Gail