Re: [John Muir Trail] bear containers

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
      The short answer: You need a bear canister big enough to hold all your food and other smellies each night

      Middle length answer: See Bob S post of 2 hours ag0

      Long answer: See this folder in our  links area

      A Bearikade rental is often the best solution. Ask for the 20% JMT hiker discount

      On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Johni Smith <smijohni@...> wrote:

      Do I have to have I bear container or is it kosher to tie my food up in a tree?  what is the norm?

      also....

      Does anyone know of any rideshare options out of southern oregon?

      Thanks for the help!

      Johni

    • Gail
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
        It's a 45% JMT discount. From the Wild Ideas FAQs:

        "Yes, we offer a 45% discount per Bearikade canister for through hikes of the following trails: John Muir Trail, Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail. Send an e-mail to rentals@... and we will assign a discount code for your trip."

        > The short answer: You need a bear canister big enough to hold all your food
        > and other smellies each night
        >
        > Middle length answer: See Bob S post of 2 hours ag0
        >
        > Long answer: See this folder in our links area

        > A Bearikade rental is often the best solution. Ask for the 20% JMT hiker
        > discount
        >
        > http://www.wild-ideas.net/rent-a-bearikade/
        >
        > John Curran Ladd
        > 1616 Castro Street
        > San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
        > 415-648-9279
        >

        > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Johni Smith <smijohni@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Do I have to have I bear container or is it kosher to tie my food up in a
        > > tree? what is the norm?
        > >
        > > also....
        > >
        > > Does anyone know of any rideshare options out of southern oregon?
        > >
        > > Thanks for the help!
        > >
        > > Johni

      • Prapanna Smith