Gluten Free Thru-Hike

  • jj442434
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
      I have Celiac disease, meaning I can't eat gluten (present in wheat, rye, barley, malt, etc.). I am making all my own meals for my hike this August, so I'm not worried about on trail food. However, I can't imagine eating dehydrated meals out of a freezer bag while my friends get fresh cooked meals at TM and Reds.

      I'm wondering if anyone with Celiac/gluten intolerance has done the JMT, and what they did for fresh meals.
    • john_friend
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
        Tuolumne Meadows Grill menu from 2012: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudyperry/7960347328/.  TripAdvisor lists a phone number (209 372 8426) that you could call and discuss.  There's also the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge Dining (requires reservations).  You can call them at 209-372-8413.

        For the Red's Meadow Mule House Cafe , I don't find a menu online.   You can call them (760-934-2345) and discuss.

        --John