Re: [John Muir Trail] Eating whole, plant-based foods

    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 12, 2013
      Nice link. Reading it reminded me of an old joke. Moderation in all things including moderation.

      Actually I can see that to evaluate this information nutritional epidemiology is needed (what is a better term). Am at airport on my way to Mammoth Lakes airport by end of 3 flights. Have friends there to see before beginning JMT.

      Sent from my iPhone
      See my Google Profile for interesting research links:
      http://tinyurl.com/3vnolh8

      On Jul 12, 2013, at 12:00 AM, "straw_marmot" <ralphbge@...> wrote:

      Here's some food for thought, by this guy, a world-weary ex-Seventh Day Adventist:

      William Jarvis, Ph.D, is a retired professor of public health and preventive medicine at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine. Jarvis is founder and president of the National Council Against Health Care Fraud and is co-author of a textbook, Consumer Health: A Guide to Intelligent Decisions, 7th Edition.

      http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/vegan.html

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "john_friend" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > "I've found no arguments for why eating only plants is a bad thing..."

    • Jim White
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 14, 2013
        Added up our meat... Salmon jerky, beef jerky, beef sticks, bacon jerky, dried buffalo (Tanka), dried ground beef, dried ground pork sausage...

        Approx 20 pounds and $400+ for four of us on a 25 day hike plan.

        If that isn't enough protein, hopefully the 5 dozen dehydrated eggs will help.

        100 person x days of food is a daunting planning task.

        Jim