RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Mild Panic - Bear canister delivery "delayed"

  • Joe MacLeish
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 10, 2013

      I called REI today.  They have 4 in the store and I put one (BV 500) on hold for you until Saturday

      Joe

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 10, 2013
        Hi Joe & all!

        Wow! I'm just overwhelmed by the support received by the members of this group!

        THANKS A LOT to ALL of you! I've also received offers to borrow a BearVault, a Bearikade and a Garcia off-board! Thanks again!

        After arriving at SFO on Friday I will drive right up to REI Berkeley pick up either the one on hold or the one I ordered (if it's there already) and cancel the other one.

        I will sleep much better now for the last night before flying to the US!

        Best regards & thanks again!
        Gert

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Joe MacLeish" <jmacleish@...> wrote:

        > Gert:
        >
        > they have it on hold now thru Sat. If you aren't going to get it please
        > call REI Berkeley and cancel it.
        >
        > Joe

      • Joe MacLeish
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 10, 2013

          Gert:

          if you can really get a Bearikade (like a Weekender) its lighter and holds a bit more than a BV 500.  It's usually pricier but if you can get it for free grab it.

          Joe