[John Muir Trail] Re: first aid kit

  • brucelem12
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 4, 2013
      I had to laugh (sorry) ...and cringe when I read this. Made me think of Rambo sewing himself up in the first movie. :)
      Bruce

      --- "Mike Mosack" <mosack@...> wrote:
      ----------------------I’ve sliced my thumb â€" almost cutting the end off, but with superglue, I was able to “fix” it and it has healed without the need for stitches and virtually no scar either. I was able to continue my hike and I have almost full use of my hand/thumb throughout. -----------------
      Mike
    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.