Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: first aid kit

  • Mike Mosack
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 4, 2013
      I agree with the use of superglue. I have a single-use tube in my pack for just that reason. I’ve sliced my thumb – almost cutting the end off, but with superglue, I was able to “fix” it and it has healed without the need for stitches and virtually no scar either. I was able to continue my hike and I have almost full use of my hand/thumb throughout. I wet my other finger and then I can smooth out the rough spots on the setting glue without the fear of sticking my two fingers together. It lasts for days and is easy to reapply if/when needed.
      Mike

      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.