Re: first aid kit

  • Stephen Kundell
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 3, 2013
      Michael,
      my renal function is a little off, so both ibuprofin and acetominophen
      can be problematic as large amounts are not good for your kidneys. So
      when I need to treat sore muscles, I alternate them and use each in
      moderation, hoping to do as little damage to my kidneys as possible. The
      best would be not using any, but then I wont sleep. If kidneys were not
      a consideration, would just take ibuprofin with a little zantac. Totally
      agree with having aspirin available, and I do carry it.

      Reality is that the Sierras are much safer than the city, even without a
      first aid kit. None of my adolescent patients or my mother in law are
      driving there, so my chances of survival seem much better. There are
      those marmots though....
      Stephen
    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.