MTR Resupply Timing

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
      Due to some travel I have planned in early-mid August, I need to choose between shipping my MTR resupply 30 days prior to my anticipated arrival or 18 days prior to my arrival. If I go with 18 days, there will be at least two and possibly three Wednesdays (MTR pickup days) between when my bucket should arrive at the USPS office and the date of my arrival. I have decided to ship priority mail.

      Since I plan to ship some items that are somewhat sensitive to the passage of time (like tortillas) or maybe more sensitive (hard cheese), I am leaning toward sending 18 days ahead rather than 30. Does this seem reasonable or am I asking for trouble?

      It just seems unlikely that something will go wrong with 18 days. The only downside of sending 18 days ahead is that I might be on the trip before I get confirmation from MTR that they have received that package. But I will have confirmation from the USPS of receipt at the local post office and won't lose sleep over lack of MTR confirmation at that point.
    • Hank Ward
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
        I was not aware that MTR sends out confirmation emails. I sent my bucket a couple of weeks ago and have confirmed that it arrived at the Lakeshore post office but have not heard anything from MTR. I guess they would have my email from the labels they sent me. Should I be expecting something from them?

        Sent from my iPad
      • Jim White
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2013
          MTR says ship priority mail about 2 weeks before your pickup date. I don't think earlier has much advantage.

          Jim