RE: [John Muir Trail] Annual reminder to members of our Yahoo JMT group about the PCTA and why we should join them.

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 1:50 PM
      Thanks Roleigh
      I'm down....
      Jeffery

      -------- Original message --------
      From: Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>
      To: John Muir Trail YahooGroups <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Annual reminder to members of our Yahoo JMT group about the PCTA and why we should join them.

      I do this once a year and the involvement of the PCTA in working with the PCT park/forest/wilderness agencies about hikers and stoves and fires remind me to do this now.

      Because the JMT and the PCT share about 190 common miles and because the PCTA has so much muscle to get things done and has so much networking contacts with the regulators and trail maintenance agencies, including their own, I encourage all to join the PCTA.

      The benefits are many too:

      Supporter benefits

      Your gift of $25 or more qualifies you to receive the following benefits of membership.

        • the knowledge that your membership helps to protect and preserve the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail for future generations
        • The PCT Communicator, PCTA’s full-color, members-only magazine (International members will be charged an additional $25 for shipping and handling);
        • a one-year subscription to BackpackerMagazine (U.S. Residents only);
        • a Pacific Crest Trail decal;
        • Discounts on PCTA store items and PCTA activities;
        • invitations to participate in trail classes and volunteer trail projects
      • In addition, the PCT Communicator contains a full year beautiful photographic calendar of the PCT, great for use on your wall at work or home. (Roleigh's note).

      _