6 to 9 day itinerary south from Reds Meadow advice

  • cameron_mcnall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      I would like to plan a 6 to 9 day trip going south from Reds, using a sensible escape to the eastside, where I can either leave a car or can count on hitchhiking to get to the main road. I have read advice of going to Leconte Ranger Station, and then exiting out bishop pass. Can someone advise how many days between reds to muir, muir to vermillion, vermillion to leconte, and leconte to some trailhead? FYI for my average pace, last year I walked solo from the Valley to Tuolumne in 2 1/2 days and Tuolumne to Reds also in 2 1/2 days. Thanks in advance- (Sorry if this has been posted already, it did not come up in my searches).