Mile, Mile & A Half

  • Ray Rippel
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
      Good day, everyone,

      Kathleen and I finally got the time to sit down and watch Mile, Mile & A Half by http://themuirproject.com/ last night.

      What an amazing piece of work. Anyone who is contemplating a hike of the trail would love every minute, and if you have walked the trail, what a fabulous way to relive the adventure.

      My only suggestion is that if you haven't walked the trail, and you are watching it with someone who has, wrestle the remote away from that person so that he isn't stopping it every three minutes and telling a story. (Sorry, Kathleen.)

      There are planning guides out there (like mine!). There are trail guides out there. This is something different. This is the story of "why" and "what is it like", which are much more important questions than "how".

      Highly recommended!

      Good hiking, Ray

      Ray Rippel

      Author, Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail

      http://jmtbook.com/

      Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

    • Barbara Karagosian

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
          Barbara:
          Where and how did you get the DVD? Want to buy one.
          Krishna

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

          > Hahaha Ray! I watched it withy husband last night and that's exactly what happened - me telling story after story and him getting that glazed look !
          >

          > On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Good day, everyone,
          > >
          > > Kathleen and I finally got the time to sit down and watch Mile, Mile & A Half by http://themuirproject.com/ last night.
          > >
          > > What an amazing piece of work. Anyone who is contemplating a hike of the trail would love every minute, and if you have walked the trail, what a fabulous way to relive the adventure.
          > >
          > > My only suggestion is that if you haven't walked the trail, and you are watching it with someone who has, wrestle the remote away from that person so that he isn't stopping it every three minutes and telling a story. (Sorry, Kathleen.)
          > >
          > > There are planning guides out there (like mine!). There are trail guides out there. This is something different. This is the story of "why" and "what is it like", which are much more important questions than "how".
          > >
          > > Highly recommended!
          > >
          > > Good hiking, Ray
          > >

          > > Ray Rippel
          > >
          > > Author, Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail
          > >
          > > http://jmtbook.com/
          > >
          > > Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

        • ravi_jmt2013
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
            I had a chance to see Mile, Mile & A Half at the screening this past weekend and it definitely shows a view of the trail that won't be found by reading about it. It looks like hikers this year will have a much easier time with snow and water crossings!

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:

            > Good day, everyone,
            >
            > Kathleen and I finally got the time to sit down and watch *Mile, Mile & A
            > Half *by http://themuirproject.com/ last night.
            >
            > What an amazing piece of work. Anyone who is contemplating a hike of the
            > trail would love every minute, and if you have walked the trail, what a
            > fabulous way to relive the adventure.
            >
            > My only suggestion is that if you haven't walked the trail, and you are
            > watching it with someone who has, wrestle the remote away from that person
            > so that he isn't stopping it every three minutes and telling a story.
            > (Sorry, Kathleen.)
            >
            > There are planning guides out there (like mine!). There are trail guides
            > out there. This is something different. This is the story of "why" and
            > "what is it like", which are much more important questions than "how".
            >
            > Highly recommended!
            >
            > Good hiking, Ray
            >

            > Ray Rippel
            >
            > Author, *Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail*
            >
            > http://jmtbook.com/
            >
            > Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

          • Sara Anderson

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                I received it as part of the Kickstarter campaign. I'm not sure if it's for sale yet, but I'm sure it will be.

              • ravi_jmt2013
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                  There were DVDs available for purchase at the screening. They indicated that online sales would not start until the fall.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                    It can't be for sale online until after the tour finishes but I think sales of such might be available at individual tour events.  Jason, if you're online care to respond?

                    _

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                      I got the DVD because of making a donation a while back. Not sure if it's available for public release yet.

                      On Jul 1, 2013, at 11:35 AM, "krishna9012" <krishna9012@...> wrote:

                      Barbara:
                      Where and how did you get the DVD? Want to buy one.
                      Krishna

                      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

                      > Hahaha Ray! I watched it withy husband last night and that's exactly what happened - me telling story after story and him getting that glazed look !
                      >

                      > On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Good day, everyone,
                      > >
                      > > Kathleen and I finally got the time to sit down and watch Mile, Mile & A Half by http://themuirproject.com/ last night.
                      > >
                      > > What an amazing piece of work. Anyone who is contemplating a hike of the trail would love every minute, and if you have walked the trail, what a fabulous way to relive the adventure.
                      > >
                      > > My only suggestion is that if you haven't walked the trail, and you are watching it with someone who has, wrestle the remote away from that person so that he isn't stopping it every three minutes and telling a story. (Sorry, Kathleen.)
                      > >
                      > > There are planning guides out there (like mine!). There are trail guides out there. This is something different. This is the story of "why" and "what is it like", which are much more important questions than "how".
                      > >
                      > > Highly recommended!
                      > >
                      > > Good hiking, Ray
                      > >

                      > > Ray Rippel
                      > >
                      > > Author, Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail
                      > >
                      > > http://jmtbook.com/
                      > >
                      > > Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

                    • Jason Fitzpatrick
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                        Aw shucks Ray!

                        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
                          Yeah, we can only sell the DVD's and Blue Rays at the screenings for now. It will be up for sale online in fall, as well as available in a bunch of different streaming and Video on Demand. Sorry about that, but we do have a bunch more screenings coming up. Here's a link to our events page.

                          http://themuirproject.com/events/

                          We just found out last week that we got into the Topanga Film Festival here in Topanga canyon here in Los Angeles. We're screening at 2:30 on Sunday July 21st.

                          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
                          From: barbara@...
                          Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:17:36 -0700
                          Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Mile, Mile & A Half

                          I got the DVD because of making a donation a while back. Not sure if it's available for public release yet.

                          On Jul 1, 2013, at 11:35 AM, "krishna9012" <krishna9012@...> wrote:

                          Barbara:
                          Where and how did you get the DVD? Want to buy one.
                          Krishna

                          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

                          > Hahaha Ray! I watched it withy husband last night and that's exactly what happened - me telling story after story and him getting that glazed look !
                          >

                          > On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Good day, everyone,
                          > >
                          > > Kathleen and I finally got the time to sit down and watch Mile, Mile & A Half by http://themuirproject.com/ last night.
                          > >
                          > > What an amazing piece of work. Anyone who is contemplating a hike of the trail would love every minute, and if you have walked the trail, what a fabulous way to relive the adventure.
                          > >
                          > > My only suggestion is that if you haven't walked the trail, and you are watching it with someone who has, wrestle the remote away from that person so that he isn't stopping it every three minutes and telling a story. (Sorry, Kathleen.)
                          > >
                          > > There are planning guides out there (like mine!). There are trail guides out there. This is something different. This is the story of "why" and "what is it like", which are much more important questions than "how".
                          > >
                          > > Highly recommended!
                          > >
                          > > Good hiking, Ray
                          > >

                          > > Ray Rippel
                          > >
                          > > Author, Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail
                          > >
                          > > http://jmtbook.com/
                          > >
                          > > Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

                        • John de Belle
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                            Hello all,

                            Just thought to add my 2 cents about the DVD.

                            It shipped fine all the way to Australia and even though it was encoded for north american TV (NTSC format) and universal access, it looked bloody fantastic!! Now I understand why big screen TV's were invented - for this!!

                            Many of my friends are chomping at the bit to watch it, so we're having a JMT night down under.

                            To the folks that produced the DVD - awesome job folks, absolutely awesome!! I feel privileged to have been a supporter of the project!!

                            Warm regards to all doing the JMT this year, enjoy!!

                            Sincerely,
                            John de Belle
                            ====
                            admin@...

                            www.customscollector.com
                            Customs Insignia from around the world
                          • Jason Fitzpatrick
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                              So happy that you received it all right and were able to play it. We couldn't have done it without your support, so thanks to you! We're really happy that you've enjoyed it, and are glad that its found its way down under.
                              Jason

                              To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com