Re: [John Muir Trail] Permit

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 30, 2013
      And yes, a JMT permit covers the entire trail, from your start all the way to   the top of Whitney and down to the portal.

      You could get real picky and say that you're not legally on the JMT once you head down the east side of whitney and therefore your permit isn't valid, but how else are you going to get down? So just consider your permit good all the way to Whitney portal.

      Bob

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 30, 2013, at 7:29 PM, "apatinotx" <alexpatino@...> wrote:

      Howdy everyone,

      Hope yall had a great weekend. So I'm trying to finalize our plans for a hopeful start date of 26th July!! Had two questions

      We are planning in gettin in line real early to get permits, are they for starting the sane day or only for the next day?

      Also, do the permits we get to start at HI cover the entire JMT?

      Thank yall again for your help.

      Take care,

      Alex P

    • CarolEB2
      Message 75 of 75 , Aug 28, 2017
        Seeing as their schedule is so tight I wish they'd stop a little longer at Wawona as you can pick it up there too. At least there's a chance now though as the old itinerary had them arriving at 501pm. I sent emails suggesting they go just abit earlier and now they have but Alaska flies in later so I still can't make it. Argh!

        Carol