Re: [John Muir Trail] New to Forum: Plan to Hike JMT July 2009

  • Jon Shannon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      Al:

      Thanks for the info. Yes, it usually takes 4 or 5 days before I really
      start feeling fit. Usually that's when I have to start heading home.
      Really looking forward to being able to stay on the trail for 3 weeks!!

      Next dream: PCT!!!

      Jon

      Ima Person <imaperson91@...> wrote:

      > Its a fun hike, Jon.  I hiked it for the first time this past
      summer, starting the last week in June and ending just after the 4th
      of July.  I really didn't start feeling strong on the passes until
      after 4 days.  The water crossings   The few worrisome places were
      less than knee deep.