Water at creeks on northern JMT?

  • topshot.geo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
      In a couple days my son and I will be going from Agnew Meadows to Happy Isles over 5 days. I'm not familiar with the area, but know it was a low snow year and there's a heat wave at present (it was 121 when we left Furnace Creek at 11:45 this morning), can we expect water at all the creeks shown on the Harrison maps? I'd guess the lakes wouldn't ever dry up this early. I mainly need to know if there are spots we'll have to carry more than a liter each. Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
        Yes. Coming into Little Yosemite valley you will have a potentially dry stretch, though maybe not this early. Since you are hiking northbound, there will be lots of southbound people you can ask about what's behind them and ahead of you

        See this thread about potential dry stretches

        On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM, topshot.geo <topshot.rhit@...> wrote:

        In a couple days my son and I will be going from Agnew Meadows to Happy Isles over 5 days. I'm not familiar with the area, but know it was a low snow year and there's a heat wave at present (it was 121 when we left Furnace Creek at 11:45 this morning), can we expect water at all the creeks shown on the Harrison maps? I'd guess the lakes wouldn't ever dry up this early. I mainly need to know if there are spots we'll have to carry more than a liter each. Thanks!

      • Ray Rippel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
          Some discussion regarding "gaps" in available water herehttp://bit.ly/100ikqe. Good hiking!

        • Joseph Lindhardt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
            Ray, that is some excellent info.  Thanks for sharing it!