Re: first aid kit

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 30, 2013
      "Whatcha got?"

      P.s. it's also a good idea to break in your sandals or more to the point--your sandals to your feet--I've done this as well where I decided on one JMT to just wear sandals the first day up and out if the valley---going uphill all day, sweating and slipping around in sandals can quickly bring up a whole other set of annoying blisters and cuts.

      If you've got tender white feet that haven't seen the sun in a while (sunscreen!) maybe save your first long day of sandal wear for the easy stroll up Lyell.

      Bob

      Sent from my iPhone
    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.